Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Do You Call the Past Decade?

Seriously though. What do you call 2000-2010? The o's or the 0's? I am so confused.

I started thinking last night about the past decade and I couldn't believe how many milestones were accomplished.
  • Got my first car (the Altima is still alive & kickin!)
  • Graduated High School (class of 2001!)
  • Attended college at Mississippi State University on a golf scholarship (probably the most fun 4 years of my life so far) and I successfully broke 4 school records!
  • Turned 21! My friend, Ashleigh made sure we had a fun night even if it was before the SEC Championship.
  • Graduated college
  • Turned professional and played for a year and a half on the Futures Tour (toured the U.S. and basically lived out of my car~awesome experience!)
  • Met my future husband
  • Got my first big girl job (in sales at the Commercial Appeal)
  • Moved out of my parent's house into an apt on Mud Island with 2 of the best girls ever!
  • Got engaged
  • Left the CA for FedEx as an Account Executive
  • Planned a wedding & got married Feb. 16, 2008
  • Bought a house!
  • Started my MBA at the University of Memphis (graduating Aug 2010!)
  • Got another dog (who is the cutest thing ever, I may be partial though)
  • Promoted to Sales Development & Education at FedEx

Who knows what 2010-2020 will bring? Do we call this decade the 10's? This is what I envision...

  • Graduate with a MBA
  • Maybe start my PhD (that is if I get accepted!)
  • Continue working at FedEx
  • Becoming parents (CRAZY!)
  • Altima may have to be put to rest
  • Learning to cook more
  • TRAVELLING (booked a trip to Jamaica today! we will also be going to the Caribbean with friends late April and Aspen for my cousin's wedding in June)
  • Hopefully travelling to ITALY
  • Becoming stronger in faith (an everyday prayer!)
  • Moving on from 1602 wolf ridge? Who knows?
  • Turning 30! Oh no!

I am so excited for the next decade to begin, but seriously this one involved a ton of changing! It's crazy how fast it seemed to fly by.

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

You did have several milestones!

Yay Jamaica! I vote Italy right after your tropical fun! And I have no clue what to call the past decade. Im no help!

Unknown said...

The Oughts

that's what they're called, i've heard

Mary Mel said...

The second part of your post freaks me out!!!