Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

So today was my 2nd day back at school. Grad night school. Luckily, FedEx pays for it. Unfortunately, it is at the University of Memphis, but it is growing on me. They don't have anything close to a drill field though. And they have parking garages, not gravel, which is quite weird. But after pretending to know exactly what my finance teacher was "reviewing from college", I realized this is going to really help me. I am also glad to have Ashleigh, my co-worker's expertise as she has been in the program for a year. She even walked me to my first class...I literally felt like a freshman. And I look like one lost all of the time.

I also found out what was wrong with my knee. iliotibial band syndrome. whatever that means. Basically it is inflammed IT band and I can feel it w/every step I take. So, I had to get a cortisone/orthovisc shot in my knee. I have a phobia with needles let alone in my KNEE where I am already sensitive from surgery. This experience was not pretty. The doctor told Justin to prepare because there is no way I am going to be able to go through the pain of having children. Ha. Worst part is I look like a pirate/pimp when I walk now as it is so sore. And everyone gives me an expression of "What the heck" when I walk by them. Looking forward to this thing doing what it is supposed to do so I stop scaring people & having to explain whatever I have to them.
Gotta go ice & study.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah youre definitely scary mwah

Mrs. W said...

Sounds like you're busy, busy! That sucks about your knee. I'm sorry to hear that. It's weird being back in school, isn't it? Knoxville is awesome. How does Abby like it?